Group A: Automatic Control, Automation Technology, Principle and Applications of Laser.
Group B: e-Manufacturing, Manufacturing Automation, Manufacturing Management, and e-Business.
Group C:e-Manufacturing , Enterprise Engineering and Integration, Database Technology and Management, and Information Systems and Apllications.
To keep with the national policy and school development plan, the institute continuously innovates its research directions and encourages post-doctoral researchers to participate in the research projects. Current research topics are as follows.
- Advanced Machinery Technology: Computer Aided Design, Computer Aided Manufacturing, Remote Diagnosis and Maintenance, Single-Chip Applications, and Lasers Processing.
- e-Manufacturing: Semiconductor Manufacturing Automation, Virtual Metrology, and Intelligent Manufacturing Systems.
- Manufacturing Systems: e-Business, Enterprise Engineering and Integration, Computer Aided Manufacturing, and Manufacturing Information Systems.
- Manufacturing Management: Production and Operation Management, Lean Production and Services, Manufacturing System Simulation, Facilities Planning, and Supply Chain Management.
- Healthcare Information System:Embeded System and Applications, Scheduling Algorithms, User Interface Architectures and Technologies for building healthcare assistive devices and cloud computing services.
- Wireless Information System:Mobile Computing, Location and Trajectory Management, Spatial Databases, Performance Evaluation.